Saturday, June 19, 2010

Team A Goes South! June 18

We just got back from Murchison Falls. It is beautiful in Uganda. It was so amazing to be in Lukodi and to see how God is working through all of the girls and children there. Can’t wait to get to Kampala and start the next part of our journey!
Love you all, Rachel

Has been an incredible journey thus far in this beautiful land! Our time in Lukodi was absolutely amazing; it has been quite a transforming experience thus far for both our team and all of the incredible people that we have encountered. All of the girls and their children at CVI were so beautiful inside and out, in spite of all of the pain and suffering they have been through. God is truly at work in this place!
Much love to you all! Love, Hannikins McQ.

Wow. Spending time in Lukodi at CVI has revolutionized the way I think of God’s grace. It was beautiful beyond words to get to know the girls and their children at the center; it’s so evident that the abuse they underwent in their past lives has been utterly redeemed by our gracious and loving God. I so enjoyed celebrating chapel with them in the morning and experiencing the joy they find in Jesus. Wow wow wow. Thank you for your prayers and love, folks! Missing and loving you all. And don’t worry, no one was eaten by hippos or lions at Murchinson Falls. Praying for Soph as she prepares for PCC!
Love, Sam

About to reach the second part of our journey at CLD in Kampala, and while of course I’m mad excited, it’s sad to leave the girls and their kids at CVI. They are beautiful and full of a joy and strength that seems so impossible at times. It’s been amazing to see God at work with all of them and within all of us. I still can’t believe that I’m in Uganda and apart of all this. But as they say, God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. And that is His nature. Thanks for your prayers and I can’t wait to share everything that’s happening here-if I can even remember it all and let it sink it. Thank you to everyone for helping me get here and for your prayers! Love you all like mad (especially Madre, PapĂ­, and Natty-Pants)! Hailey

We are writing this blog on the bus on the way down to Kampala. It sometimes seems surreal that I am actually in Uganda (even after 2 weeks here). The landscape is literally mezmorizing and the people have already shown me so much love. I have been so moved at the Child Voice International site by the young mothers and their wonderful children. It is really a testimony about how much God’s love can transform a group that have gone through such tragedy by being abducted in the LRA. I feel a sense of peace going to the next phase of the internship knowing that it is going to be good and I should really just trust Jesus with what ever plans He has for me down there. I am a little homesick. I already miss my parents a lot but I am glad they trusted God enough to let me go on this trip. Thank you again, all my supporters. I can not wait to tell you all about my experiences here. SEE YOU SOON MOM AND DAD! - Benjamin Le (p.s mangos are amazing here)

Wow, our time in Uganda is half over, and as I write we are driving to Kampala, the largest city in Uganda. The past two weeks have been amazing, filled with singing, dancing, and joy. At Child Voice International the former Child Soldiers were such a blessing to meet and talk to. The way God has transformed their lives for the better is absolutely undeniable and it was so inspiring to get the chance to just be in their presence and listen to them share about how they have seen God move in our group. I will surely miss all of the girls (and their kids!!!!) but I am very excited for this next half of our journey. We don’t know how God will use us in the next two weeks but I know he will move in wonderful and powerful ways despite all of our individual brokenness. Oh and we saw like 6 elephants and what a wonderful creature they are, YEAH TUFTS! Miss everyone back home, thank you so much to all of my supporters, talk to you soon Mom, Dad, Travis, and Cams! ☺

Greetings from the road in Uganda. We are finally on a real road which is much appreciated for all our stomachs after being on a dirt road for about 3h. Our time up North was really amazing. One day as we were in Chapel with the girls, I was struck by their smiles. These women had radiant smiles on their faces. They were singing praises to Jesus and clapping their hands. So much had changed for them since they had come to CVI. They had come from pretty bad places – former child soldiers, now mothers who had been cast out by their families. Now just 1 year later they stand there filled with smiles and joy. They shared with our team how meaningful our presence was to them and how they had seen God in our team. I thought to myself, “I see God in you. I see that he is a God who can truly restore people.” The Old Testament talks about deserts turning into gardens and wastelands flourishing. I see that same picture happening in Lukodi – in the smiles of these women and their children, in the fact that people can now walk around their village and stay out late in safety to watch a film. God is real and powerful. He has the power to transform lives and whole regions. It has been an honor to be here. While I am sad to leave the North, I am looking forward to seeing what God is doing in the South. I miss you all! Thanks for your support and for enabling me to come to Uganda with this team. Blessings & thanks, Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment